Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day Trip to Torajaland

I was (and still is) on a business trip to South Sulawesi, like most of my business trip, I always try to enjoy the trip and explore the region depending on my time :)

This time, as i never been to Toraja before, after we finished the business on a city called Palopo, me and my colleague went to Tana Toraja. The Toraja are an ethnic group indigenous to a mountainous region of South Sulawesi, Indonesia. Their population is approximately 650,000, of which 450,000 still live in the regency of Tana Toraja ("Land of Toraja").

Toraja is famous of the rocky tomb and Toarajan village, we went to Ke'te ke'su, a Toarajan village which still characterized by traditional lives of Toraja people.

Photobucket

It was beautiful, since the village is located in the middle of paddy fields. A little hike from ke'te ke'su took us to the rocky tomb... where we can see this...

Photobucket

after that we went to Londa, another rocky and caves tomb. Too bad we have only limited time, so only a limited tour, but it was unforgettable :) you should visit the place sometimes...

And my outfit for such an adventure is...

Photobucket

Top: star wars junkfood tee
Pants: Zara
Belt: Zara
Sandals: H & M
Bag: Longchamp

xoxo,
Picha

No comments:

Post a Comment